Blog 4: Friday 19th March 2010

I plan to keep an ideas diary of the themes I want to build on to create my own folio.
Ideas Diary:
  • Australia – captured – new and old – old houses – bushfire – alone in the bush – picturesque – drought – concern – beauty – peace – landscape without humans
  • Williamstown – historic buildings – beach life – boats – navy – cafes – oil refinery – night-time children – playing – grave yard – landscape humans have touched
  • Urban – landscape – freeways – shape – colour – baron – smooth

    It seems my ideas are about my life and the landscape I live in. It’s funny because I am naturally drawn to landscape paintings. I am also at my most peaceful in the landscape – alone, an observer. I may as well tell you that I’m an Outdoor Education and Art major. So it is my two passions – art and the natural world. Knowing this, I will need to figure out what natural scene will make an interesting photo. I don’t want to take photos of the Australian landscape cliché, but what else is there? I love the decorative large landscape photos. They make me feel free and hopeful. Maybe I’ll try to point out the simple beauty of it instead. Not the awe inspiring large scale compositions but maybe the pure and simple we neglect to appreciate. A photograph is a mirror held up to the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment