Blog 11: Friday 14th May 2010

The largest and longest photographic study I conducted this semester was my study of the crossing. In total I have taken over 700 images of the crossing alone. I chose my composition carefully and then I spent three weeks trying to capture the perfect photograph. Each photograph has a strong emphasis on silhouette, line, and artificial light creating form. These photographs are my chosen pieces depicting the same scene but in very different ways.















This photograph was taken with a fast shutter speed to capture the boom gates rising. The busy crossing is frozen in time and there seems to be a heavy quality to the stillness. The photograph was taken at late sunset, just before dark. I like the atmospheric effect of the clouds and the highlight on the car’s boot.













This photograph was also taken with a fast shutter speed. Atmosphere plays a major role in this composition to give it a very masculine feel. The fog affects the colours creating a monochromatic composition. The ute is the focal point, in sharp focus and facing the scene. The image is quite stylised and looks like a car advertisement.













I think this cinematic image looks like a movie still. The original image was a little plain so I cross processed and it and increased the contrast. This composition does not focus on line like all of the other photos. The artificial lighting creates form and interest. I like how the green light of the sky is mimicked in the lights of the refinery and how the light from the car floods the scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment